Nursery Supervisor - Maternity Cover
Full time Nursery Supervisor - Maternity Cover - Fixed term
We are looking for an inspirational, energetic and experienced Nursery Supervisor/Leader to teach our wonderful children and lead our team. We have an established and experienced Nursery staff team who work well with the Reception team to enhance provision and guarantee strong transition links.
The hours are 8.30 am to 3.30 pm (unpaid half hour lunch break) on Monday to Friday. These can be flexible to some extent, as you will be required to attend staff meetings, training, and Insets.
The post is term - time only, and pay is on a pro rata basis. If pay is on the single status basis, there will be overtime availabe when needed.
You will need to ensure that the provision is of the highest quality; providing a safe, stimulating and caring, child-centred environment catering for the children's educational and developmental needs.
Quality and safety standards must be maintained in the Nursery at all times.
You will need to have a commitment to getting the best from all children and set high expectations to inspire excellence through motivation, creativity, engagement and challenge.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Level 3 qualified or above
- Has a commitment to working towards EYP status if not already achieved
- 1. To take responsibility for drawing up long term, medium term and session curriculum plans, which ensure that each child is working towards desirable learning outcomes, and to monitor the effectiveness of the nursery curriculum.
- To be responsible for providing a high quality of teaching, ensuring that the staff are properly deployed and offer appropriate stimulation and support to the children.
- To draw up and supervise the daily programme of nursery activities and events.
- To be responsible for observations and record keeping, so that children’s attainment and progress is effectively and regularly assessed. To help monitor the effectiveness of assessment procedures.
- To monitor the quality of teaching to identify in-service training needs.
- To ensure records are properly maintained e.g. accident and incident book.
- To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the nursery and it’s curriculum, exchanging information about the children’s progress and encouraging parental involvement.
- To ensure that the nursery is a safe environment for children, that equipment is safe, standards of hygiene are high, safety procedures are implemented at all times and fire drills/evacuation procedures are carried out effectively.
- To liaise with the headteacher, children’s services and other professionals as necessary, and ensure that all legal and statutory requirements are implemented, and provide reports as required.
- To contribute to and implement all nursery policies and procedures.
- To attend in-service training and meetings as required.
- To carry out the above duties in accordance with the Children’s Services Authority Equal Opportunities policy.